OBJECTIVES OF THE EAB
The objective of EAB is to provide external guidance regarding priorities and directions for Penn State energy and mineral engineering education and research through advice, assistance and advocacy. The specific objectives are to:
- Provide connection to external world.
- Recommend strategies to improve academic environment.
- Make suggestions to improve research environment.
- Provide guidance for program and departmental integration.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Attend EAB meetings and actively contribute in discussions and decisions. Review agenda and supporting materials prior to EAB meetings.
- Recommend topics and presenters for EAB meetings.
- Serve as an active and positive spokesperson for the EME department externally.
- Provide advice and counsel to the Department Head, as requested, regarding industry’s and other constituents’ needs and trends.
- Be available as a skilled resource to the EME Department for special studies or tasks.
- Assist in the identification and recruitment of new EAB members.
- Mentor new EAB members as they begin their involvement with the EAB.
- Support the Department Head, faculty, and staff in the achievement of EME strategic goals.