Every year in April the department holds an awards banquet to celebrate the success of our students and to thank the donors who sponsor our scholarships and program support funds. The event brings students, donors, faculty, staff, and friends together to acknowledge the accomplishments of our community and present awards to our brightest and best.
The 2018/2019 banquet will be held as a luncheon on Monday, April 15th.
The annual awards banquet has been paired with the G. Albert Shoemaker Lecture Series in Mineral Engineering since that lecture’s inauguration in 1992. The lecture is open to the public.
The awards banquet is a by-invitation-only event, and invitations are sent out in February each year. If you have not seen your invitation by the beginning of March, please contact Rachel Conaway, the EME alumni relations and stewardship officer.
A number of awards are disbursed at the banquet each year.
- Robert Stefanko Distinguished Achievement Award in Mineral Engineering
- C. Drew Stahl Distinguished Achievement Award in Petroleum and Natural Gas Engineering
And new in 2019:
- Distinguished Achievement Award in Energy Business and Finance and Mineral Economics
- Distinguished Achievement Award in Environmental Systems Engineering and Geo-Environmental Engineering
- Distinguished Achievement Award in Energy Engineering and Fuel Science
- A staff member is recognized with the EME Outstanding Staff Award.
- Outstanding Teaching Assistant Awards
- C.C. Wright Award
- Undergraduate and Graduate Student Merit Awards
- The Old Timers Club Award
- The Careers in Coal Award