Who to Contact for Advising Questions?

Primary tabs

Below are people that students in the John and Willie Leone Familly Department of Energy and Mineral Engineering you can contact if you have questions. We have provided example questions you may have and the appropriate contact for those questions.

Assigned Adviser

  • I have questions about what classes I should schedule
  • I want to plan out which courses to take in my remaining semesters at Penn State
  • I need to petition for a course substitution for a requirement for my major
  • I have questions about the best electives to take
  • I have questions about types of career opportunities for my major
  • I want to talk about whether a certain minor would complement my major

You can find your faculty adviser in LionPATH. You can also search our Faculty Directory to find faculty in the in the department.

Departmental Adviser

  • I have questions about the process for transferring credits to Penn State
  • I have questions about entrance-to-major criteria or how to use Update Academics to declare my major
  • I have questions about interpreting my degree audit
  • I have questions about how to use LionPATH

Contact an EME Adviser

Ryan Family Center Advisers

  • I need to complete a petition related to my general education requirements
  • I took time away from Penn State and need to re-enroll
  • I have questions about changing my Penn State campus
  • I have questions about being on academic warning or academic suspension
  • I have questions about university policies or procedures
  • I have questions about the process for adding or removing a minor
  • I would like to find out more about opportunities for getting involved at Penn State

View advisers in the Ryan Family Center

Course Instructor

  • I want to late add the instructor’s course
  • I want to take a course without having completed all of the required prerequisites

Program Chair for My Major

  • I am on academic warning and need to meet to have the hold removed from my account so that I can register